In addition to a challenging and rich academic program covering the core subject areas of language arts, math, science, social studies/history, all SK students take part in media literacy, physical education/wellness, visual and theater arts and music and have the opportunity to study one of three languages. SK students also develop the skills to adjust and transition to a variety of environments — they learn how to work as a member of a community; they learn how to communicate effectively, to advocate for themselves and others; they learn how to problem solve; and, they develop self-direction and initiative taking skills.
News of our final session of after school clubs for the school year. This session will run through the month of May (although some clubs will only meet for three weeks so please note the dates listed in the description when you register).
- Horseback riding is available to students at all levels (three classes, beginning May 9).
- Fish Lab will continue to meet as usual. This club is open to all students with prior Fish Lab experience (in the club or in the elective).
- Archery with Shan is back (grades 1-4 on Tuesdays).
- Karl is teaching a soccer club for children in grades 3-8.
- Children in grades 4-8 are welcome to join Linda Sattler for Ancient Ireland role playing club.
- Sandy Ryder will be back to teach improv club to children in grades K-4 (three classes, beginning May 11).
- Artists and storytellers (in grades 3-8) can join Jason for comics and cartooning.
- Archers in grades 5-8 are welcome to join Shan for archery.
- Karl’s running club started last week but it is still open to children in grades 3-8.
- Shan will continue with the beloved science superheroes club for children in grades K-2.
Click here to sign up for any of these programs. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with questions.